Celebrus for Booking EnginesPublished: Thursday, 19th September 2019 by Bill Bruno, VP, North America, D4t4 Solutions Inc
The booking process is critical for those in the Travel and Hospitality verticals, like the checkout process for a retailer or loan application process for a bank. That's a bit of a "Captain Obvious" moment, but the part that is perhaps less obvious is how much of a struggle it is to get meaningful data from the booking process via traditional tag-based vendors.
Not only are the eCommerce modules for many of those vendors very structured (and fickle), but in order to get more than just what was selected upon reaching the confirmation page requires a considerable amount of work via tagging or the data layer object. As a result, it's prone to error and very unreliable, even if you're using Tag Management. I've seen clients in my past spend the better part of a year going back and forth triaging data quality issues in a booking process.
Celebrus for Booking Engines changes the game when it comes to capturing extremely granular data for both Marketing and Revenue Management without the need for tagging or a data layer. When you consider the booking process, the immediate line of thought is: "Tell me what they selected." However, to deliver real value, it's just as important to know what wasn't selected but presented to the individual. There are a variety of questions that come to mind when we are working with clients to implement Celebrus across this transaction:
- What were the search criteria?
- What offers or specials were presented? Were they interacted with?
- In the results, what were the prices and details for the options not selected?
- What was selected, and did the user deselect anything along the way?
- Were any of the ancillary revenue options (i.e. trip insurance) reviewed or selected?
- Was the process abandoned?
- Do we know who the person is?
I could continue listing out requirements, but the above is enough to highlight just how involved this process can be from a data capture perspective. When it comes to Revenue Management, as an example, the data and attributes behind the above questions would go a long way towards feeding the pricing models. Those models need to be accurate and up to date to ensure that our clients can optimize revenue at every step. Taking it a step further, personalization and targeting would be much better informed with a more complete dataset and would drive better engagement with your customers.
Celebrus for Booking Engines works across both web and mobile, and instantly stitches those cross-channel sessions together upon the user providing an identifier. Our packaged offering in use today by many organizations in the Travel and Hospitality sector brings the following key differentiators to the table:
- Tag-free instant data capture across both web and mobile.
- A logical data model and schema that can be expanded upon to fit a client's specific needs.
- Out of the box support for the objects and data passed into the Booking Process as a user conducts a search.
- Ability to capture metadata about each search result, including pricing and offers
- Capture of form field interactions as they happen.
- Ability to trigger signals to other applications and technology instantly as a user traverses the process for personalization, targeting, and engagement.
- Ability to capture everything, so you can worry about how to use the data later. The data is there when you need it.
- Ability to package the data in any format needed to feed downstream activities, such as machine learning and data science.
We'd welcome the opportunity to review your Booking Process and help evolve your approach with our patented data capture technology. Celebrus has been delivering engaging user experiences in the industry for over 20 years.