IT Infrastructure Project Manager Web and ‘Big’ data managed services
We have an exciting opening for a bright, talented and passionate IT Project Manager to join our managed services infrastructure division. To operate in the USA as part of a larger team located in the UK, India and USA.
Responsible for the planning, designing, resource allocation, executing and monitoring all aspects of implementations of IT infrastructure hardware and software projects. It is essential that you have previous experience in the project delivery of hardware solutions from rack and stack through to Data Centre installation and connectivity to a production environment.
The managed services and operations division of D4t4 Solutions provides a world class infrastructure managed service for hosted, cloud and on-premises environments. Operating to ISO27001 and ITIL standards and guidelines.
About the Job
You must be a motivated, client-focused professional with excellent communication and project management skills. You should have a strong interest in technology and a sense of ownership. You must also be able to adapt to the various nuances that come with working with teams in multiple regions across several time zones.
The position will operate in the USA and can be home based as part of a subsidiary office located in North Carolina. Flexibility to work extended or adjusted hours when required is essential to work with resources and deal with matters scheduled in other time zones such as GMT, EST, CST.
- Meeting with solution architects, management, resource managers, and clients to identify project requirements, delivery timelines and costs.
- Developing detailed project plans to guide clients, staff members and project teams and revising based on changing needs and requirements.
- Identifying and assigning project tasks based on the skill sets, experience, and strengths of staff members.
- Monitoring project performance to ensure timely delivery.
- Compiling and submitting project status reports to clients, management, and other stakeholders.
- Working effectively with relevant stakeholders for efficient project implementation.
- Developing excellent leadership, customer relations and communication skills to liaise effectively with all project stakeholders.
- Project resource capacity planning.
- Project purchases and delivery tracking, and asset record management.
- Experience of problem determination and trouble shooting in a complex environment is vital as is the ability to work under pressure.
Skills & Requirements
- Develop, improve, and maintain IT infrastructure hardware and software implementation project management process and procedures best practice.
- Ability to break down large complex activities into deliverable tasks.
- Develop and maintain a resource capacity plan of forecast and actuals from a pool of technical resources shared across support activities and projects.
- Schedule, facilitate and contribute project meetings with clients and technical teams to produce the required outcome.
- Develop, improve, and maintain hardware and software purchasing and delivery tracking records for each project and provide input to asset record management.
- Create and maintain rack elevation diagrams, cabling plans and power distribution needs or at least have an appreciation of the requirement.
- Project timesheet management and reporting.
- Produce Statement of Work documentation for and manage third parties involved in the build-out of IT infrastructure hardware and software solutions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide input to performance reviews of technical project staff.
- Consultive and communicative with the ability to engage and interact with and motivate technical staff.
- Organised, good time management skills and comfortable with multi-tasking.
- Have a good understanding of IT infrastructure technology implementations, challenges, and risks.
- Proven leadership, facilitating, influencing, and mentoring skills.
- Risk management.
Must Have Technical Skills
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- PRINCE2 / PMP or equivalent project management qualification.