IT Asset Management Specialist
The primary function of the role is to maintain accurate asset records within the IT Asset Management (ITAM) system by developing (design solutions) and executing process and procedures for collecting, recording, reconciling, and reporting information pertaining to software, technology-related hardware and cloud technologies.
The position is located at India Office in Chennai and is primarily office based.
- Manage and maintain all IT assets that include anything from software and hardware to digital assets and cloud services. Responsible for the deployment and operational functions of the IT Asset Management (ITAM) system
- Develop, maintain, and execute processes, policies, standards, systems, and measurements that help the organisation to effectively manage both on a daily basis and long-term its IT asset portfolio (software and technology-related hardware) with regards to identification, accountability maintenance and location, cost, control, risk, and compliance as determined by the company
- Must have proven experience in setting up / designing improvements to existing asset management process
- Provide information input to contracts and licences in relation to IT asset contract renewals and vendor management
- Collaborate with other teams and departments. Support others in the asset team with the day-to-day administration of processing of assets
- Presenting key asset management data and reports to managers and teams
- Forecast and budgeting management, as well as financial asset planning
- Effectively managing asset life cycles to improve quality control of assets, including software, hardware, and cloud technologies
- Understand the Complexity of Software Licensing.
- Service Provider Licencing Agreement (SPLA)
- Linux Redhat
- Carry out inventory audits and inventory reconciliation
- Responsible for ensuring quality control throughout the lifecycle of all company IT assets by developing and implementing appropriate procedures to track and manage them
- Responsible for the governance concerning the ITAM tool applied in managing, monitoring, and reporting on IT assets
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of IT software and hardware as well as previous experience working as an IT asset analyst for large corporates.
- Knowledge of working with an ITAM tool for maintaining asset records.
- Proven ability and experience in developing process and procedures.
- Knowledge of software licensing methods such as Service Provider Licence Agreement (SPLA).
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with little supervision.
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and enhance existing skills for IT asset management.
- Possess IAITAM Certification, such as CHAMP, CSAM, and CITAM (formal training will be provided).
- Is meticulous to detail to ensure accuracy of records.
- Takes ownership with excellent time management