IT Asset Management Specialist
We have an exciting opening for a bright, talented, and passionate IT Asset Management Specialist with 13+ years’ experience in Asset Management. Candidate must be a motivated, client-focused professional with excellent communication skills and a sense of ownership. He/She must also be able to adapt to the various nuances that come with working in multiple regions across several time zones.
The primary function of the role is to maintain accurate asset records within the IT Asset Management (ITAM) system by developing and executing process and procedures for collecting, recording, reconciling, and reporting information pertaining to software, technology-related hardware, and cloud technologies.
- Manage organisation’s IT Asset Management department including IT asset administration staff, and deployment and operational functions of the ITAM/SAM systems
- Manage assets for internal and Managed Service Provider customer projects, including datacentre & cloud deployments, physical and virtual systems and associated software
- Manage partnership agreements & contract with software publishers including Microsoft, Red Hat, Vmware and others.
- Review & recommend licensing options for internal & customer projects.
- Manage and report on key IT asset management metrics to managers and teams
- Forecast and budgeting management, as well as financial asset planning
- Vendor management including consulting vendors on quoted options, input to contracts and licenses in relation to IT asset contract renewals
- Develop, maintain, and execute processes, policies, standards, systems, and measurements that help the organisation to effectively manage both on a daily basis and long-term its IT asset portfolio. This includes identification, accountability, maintenance, location, cost, control, risk and compliance requirements
- Collaborate with other teams and departments
- Support others in the asset team with the day-to-day administration of processing of assets
- Responsible for ensuring quality control throughout the lifecycle of all company IT assets by developing and implementing appropriate procedures to track and manage them
- Responsible for the governance concerning the ITAM tool applied in managing, monitoring, and reporting on IT assets
- Effectively managing asset life cycles to improve quality control of assets, including software, hardware, and cloud technologies
- Carry out inventory audits and inventory reconciliation
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of IT software and hardware as well as previous experience working as an IT asset analyst
- Knowledge of working with ITAM /SAM tools for maintaining asset records
- Knowledge of partnership agreements available to Managed Service Providers from technology partners such as Microsoft, Linux Red Hat, e.g. Service Provider Licensing Agreement (SPLA), Certified Cloud & Service Provider (CCSP)
- Subject matter expert on software licensing, requiring a knowledge & understanding of the complexity of various software licensing models from different software publishers
- Proven ability and experience in developing process and procedures
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with little supervision
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and enhance existing skills for IT asset management
- Possess IAITAM Certification, such as CHAMP, CSAM, and CITAM (formal training will be provided)
- Is meticulous to detail to ensure accuracy of records
- Takes ownership with excellent time management
- Previous experience in working for a Managed Service Provider would be an advantage