DevOps Linux Engineer
We have an exciting opening for a bright, talented and passionate DevOps Linux Engineer to join our managed services infrastructure division. To build, implement and maintain Linux based web and Big data application systems in a developing dev/ops culture. As part of an Managed Services infrastructure team you will be collaborating with local and remote Linux system and application engineers to ensure availability, performance, reliability, and security for our users and clients.
About the Job
Together with the other members of the infrastructure team covering a wide spread of technologies, you will focus on the Linux and Dev/Ops based aspects of our operation. Working on exciting projects to deliver enterprise level hosted solutions for our large blue-chip clients.
- Linux platform administration CentOS, RedHat and Ubuntu.
- Deployment and automation of applications using Puppet Enterprise and Hiera.
- Configuring and supporting middleware and webserver software on Linux platforms, Apache, WildFly, Tomcat, MySQL.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve server events and user incidents relating to Linux systems.
- Work with the wider infrastructure team to provide support and troubleshooting for Linux systems incidents.
- Engage in detailed planning, change control and thorough testing to ensure performance, availability and stability.
- Security related activities, system hardening, patching, vulnerability threat management and mitigation.
- Manage and deploy system monitoring and management tools such as Zabbix, Xymon, HIDS systems.
- Writing and maintaining Shell and/or python scripts.
- Create and maintain clear and accurate system documentation.
- Configure and maintain traffic managers and Load-balancers
- Analyse system capacity, performance and events to prevent systematic and recurring incidents.
- Configure and maintain authentication and access integration such as LDAP, SSSD, Kerberos and TectiaSSH.
- Configure and manage AWS EC2, RDS and S3 environments.
- Basic VMware usage for troubleshooting and operations.
- Configure and maintain Web application firewalls.
- Maintenance drills: Failover resilience and DR tests.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong Linux Administration skills
- Experience and management of infrastructure with Puppet Enterprise, Source control management and Git Repositories
- Experience LDAP, SSSD and Kerberos
- Ability + Aptitude + Attitude, a rounded individual who is passionate about technology and delivering excellent service in a large enterprise environment
- Higher level education, degree from college or university or ability to prove an aptitude for structured academic learning.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working collaboratively with systems engineers, developers, administrators and business partners
- Experience of delivery managed service to external business customers
- Adaptable, working as part of a supportive, well established team but is also self-sufficient and organised, with meticulous attention to detail.
- A natural problem solver
- Understanding the dev/ops culture
- Understanding of common web application architectures
- Understanding and experience of working under ITIL framework
- Understanding and experience of working in secure environments under ISO27001 or equivalent